Friday, September 11, 2009

Today is the day

And baby, isn't this your chance
To make a break with circumstance...

Today I declare No News Day. Today I declare No Politics Day. Today I invite 5 incredible people to my house for dinner and laughs about how a vegetarian just put 5 types of meat into one cassoulet that is going to be served to at least 2 other vegetarians. Today, I call the 'rents just to say hello. Today I read SACS compliance reports and type up minutes from the committee meeting and introduce a student worker the beauty that is PastPerfect. Today I have coffee with Lisa and laugh and gripe about work and all its idiosyncracies. Today I pet Beezus and go to work. Tonight, I will eat Leah's caramel apple sticky buns and laugh at Tom's oddly-appropriate-but-slightly-vulgar-sounding blog title and think for the millionth time how pretty Vanessa is and wish I was as well-versed in medieval literature and technology as Allen and hold Will.

It's going to be a good day.

4 comments:

Leah said...

I have to admit, I was mighty curious when you said you were making cassoulet! I have a GREAT recipe from Southern Living for Cooktop Cassoulet. Looking forward to being able to compare!

erin said...

It will be great! While I don't like the flesh of the meat, I love what it does for the dish. I will feast on pork-infused white beans and squash!

tomadams said...

I like this post. To add my own: Tonight I will eat dinner with Erin and wish the hole time I was as well-spoken as she.

erin said...

Gee whiz, thanks.