Monday, September 28, 2009

"The time has come," the Oyster said

...to talk of many things." Like saying goodbye to Facebook for a little while. See, I've been thinking about making this experiment, wherein I determine if I could be a happier person, a richer person as it were, without the constant news stream. The constant comparison between my life and the lives of others.

I do not desire to live my life as Comparative Cathy and that's what I have been turning into lately. From a very early age, I always felt that distance between myself and others that comes with...well. I don't know. I think this explains it. Maybe.

Arrghh...I can't say just what I mean.

3 comments:

holly wynne said...

"That is not it at all
That is not what I meant, at all"

...right?

I understand. I nearly deleted that puppy myself a few months ago. I don't really compare myself to others, but I do get a little too wrapped up in them. I'm thinking I'm going to get rid of the internet on my (stupid) phone (that I hate) and also at home. It's become too much of a default.

I don't think I can give up FB yet, though :).

erin said...

Right. It's more like a "hey, why didn't I think to say/do that?" Sad, I know.

Strand Family said...

I've been playing with the idea of giving up Facebook since January. Still haven't done it yet. It is the best procrastination tool I've ever used, as I can convince myself I'm staying in touch with my friends and family. Most of the time I'm just being a Nosy Nellie! Make sure to update on how you fill your time without FB :)